Tuesday, January 4, 2011

What a Difference a Year Makes?


*sheepish grin* Hi, there! Has it really been 6 months since my last post??? Whoops...I guess this SAHM thing isn't as easy as I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I just don't know how time gets away from me like that. Anyway, one of my New Year's Resolutions (I hate that term but whatever) is to blog more...so I'm publicly setting a goal of *at least* 4 blogs per month. Not too lofty and definitely achievable. So here is blog 1 for week 1 of 2011.

I guess I don't even know where to begin since I'm out of practice but we'll start with a Jace update. He turned 3 on 12/29/10, is potty trained (I know, I already blogged about that 6 months ago but it's still exciting), talks NON-STOP and eats (well...eats *a little*). Oh and I CUT HIS HAIR...ok, so I only trimmed about an inch and a half off the ends about 2 months ago but that's HUGE for me! After the many tears I shed after that bold move, I have decided that was enough for now. :)

I'm in the midst of putting together all the finishing details for his big b-day party (which is Sunday) so hopefully everything comes together without a hitch. We'll see...when you put 10 toddlers/babies and about 50 adults in one room there are no guarantees. :) We are putting him in ice-skating lessons (which perfectly fits my "Winter Fun" theme for the party hehe) and those will start next Monday so wish us luck! One of his little buddies will be in the class with him so hopefully that will help.

On a side note, Jay has a HUGE interview next Wednesday and I can't stress enough how desperately our family needs him to get this job so your prayers are GREATLY appreciated. I'll be sure to post updates.

I guess that's all for now...no major changes for us, just living life!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Jace!

    That's really cool that you're putting him in ice-skating lessons! How fun. Do they have training...skates? Like an extra skate on each side for stability when they first start?

    We'll keep Jay in prayer - we know the importance of having a job in this economy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back my sweet daughter!!! Even though I am blessed to be able to spend so much time with you, Jay and Jace - I find great pleasure in reading about your life from your perspective.

    I am so blessed to be a part of your lives - thanks for sharing and keep up the blogging :)

    Love you,
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I LOVE the new look of your page too - so fun, so appropriate, so YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Brandon! And I don't know about training skates but we're going this week to buy him some (the info for the lessons said "single blade", so based on that, maybe there are). LOL I'm *a little* nervous about his first time out there because it's not a parent/tot class so he'll be out there w/o me (which may be safer hahaha). :)

    And "Sissy", thanks for the support and also I'm glad you like the new page...it is definitely much more "me". :)

    ReplyDelete